William S. Barton
Workers' Compensation; Personal Injury; Business Law; Commercial Litigation; Civil Litigation
• Admitted: 1974, Maryland; 1975, U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
• Law School: University of Maryland, J.D., 1974
• College: Johns Hopkins University, B.A., 1971
• Member: Washington County and Maryland State (Member, Litigation Section) Bar Associations; Maryland Trial Lawyers Association.
• Biography: Former Chairman of The Greater Hagerstown Committee, Former President of the Exchange Club of Hagerstown; Current Member of The Hagerstown Community College Foundation (Board of Directors).
• Mr. Barton has over 40 years of trial experience and has tried jury and non jury cases in the District Courts and Circuit Courts throughout Maryland. He has argued cases before the court of Appeals and Court of Special Appeals of Maryland. Mr. Barton is a certified mediator and has successfully mediated cases for the Circuit Court for Washington County and the Circuit Court for Frederick County.
M. Lynn Williams
Family Law; Business Law; Litigation; Employment Law; Housing Law
• Admitted: 1985, Maryland
• Law School: Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1985
• College: George Washington University, B.A., 1982
• Member: Washington County (Member, Board of Directors) and Maryland State (Member: Business Law, Family Law, General Practice Sections)
Bar Associations; Women's Bar Association.
• Biography: Member: Board of Directors, Habitat for Humanity; Peer Review Panel, Attorney Grievance Committee; Community Research Review Committee;
Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health; Board of Trustees, St. Maria Goretti High School.
• Born: Picayune, Mississippi, April 21, 1951
• Cases: Brice vs. Brice, Grandparent Visitation
Barton and Williams is a general practice law firm with emphasis on personal injury, workers' compensation, family law, including divorce, custody and visitation issues, business and employment law. We also routinely handle Wills, Estates, Guardianships and Real Estate Transactions
The members of our firm have over 70 years of collective experience coordinating with firms in other jurisdictions to best serve our clients' needs. Members of the firm serve as general counsel for national and international corporations, and on Boards of Directors for local colleges, bar associations, public institutions, and charitable civic organizations. Our firm practices in the following places:
|• Maryland Workders' Compensation Commission
||• District Courts
||• Circuit Courts
||• Federal Courts
||• Appellate Courts
Contact us in Hagerstown, Maryland, for our prominent law firm.